Wednesday, January 23, 2013

In class blog post

If I were at a party and overheard a group of people in a conversation talking about something that I was interested in, I would definitely want to become a part of that conversation too. I would want to go about it in a way that did not come off as being a "know-it-all" or without being annoying and creepy. I would first go about it, by casually walking by and chiming in by saying something like, "Oh my gosh I know exactly what you mean!" The best way to get in on their conversation would be to agree with something they are saying. To prove that I actually know what I am talking about I would mention how I know what I am talking about. For example, if the conversation was a bout a certain TV show, I would say something like "Oh, I watched that show on Monday on CNN and I loved it!" This would prove where I saw it, which would be the source. It is important to sound knowledgeable, but without coming off as bragging.

On the other hand, if the scene were flipped around and someone else was trying to chime into my conversation I would definitely listen to what they have to say. If everything they say makes sense and lines up, then chances are they really do know what they are talking about. Every person should be allowed to at least express their opinions and what they think they know about the topic. But it is up to us if we want to actually trust them and take them for their word.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with Jessica about how to enter a conversation and prove you know what your talking about. If you want to become apart of the conversation you can not just go and start bashing the others opinions. You have to agree and be nice and casually come into the conversation. Also proving she is knowledgeable would be good by saying where you watched the show and what day so the people really do believe you and not think you're just making it up.

    ReplyDelete