Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Favorite Research Project

During high school, I did many different types of research projects. My favorite and most interesting research I did was during my senior year and it was for my Senior Project in English class. For my Senior Project I chose to do my project on creating a healthy, children's cookbook. In order to do this project I first had to research the steps in making and putting together and actual cookbook and what all would be needed in it. I found that there were much more steps then I had anticipated on. I found most of my research online and I also lookedat other cookbooks for reference. I had a project facilitator who also walked my through some of the basic steps and guided me through my project. Next, I had to research many different recipes that would appeal tochildren but would also be healthy and nutrious snacks. I decided to make my recipes more specific by involving fruit in each of them. Once I completed all my research and found ten recipes that would work, I began to start on the actual cookbook. I designed and created the cookbook myself. I had to make each recipe and take pictures of myself during the process. So, on each page of the cookbook I had the recipe written out, a picture of me making the recipe, and a picture of the final snack. It was a long and time consuming process but it ended up being a lot of fun. When I was all done with my project I had to write a paper on the process and steps. I also had to present my project to my class and also to a room with three judges. It was very intimidating and scary, but it prepared me for a lot and I ended up getting a lot out of the project while having fun doing it.

2 comments:

  1. Making a childrens cookbook is a pretty cool idea for your senior research project and sounds like you got a lot out of it. That project will prepare you for a speech class you may have to take in college if you haven't already because in most speech classes here you have to do a demonstrative speech on something and you could probably even use your cookbook idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For my senior research project we had to do a completely different project. I really like how you got to make a childrens cookbook. It seems like it would be alot of fun but very time consuming. I hate presenting projects so i got lucky that I did not have to present mine! It did prepare you more for college though because you have to get up and present alot of stuff in college.

    ReplyDelete