Monday, January 14, 2013

Evaluation Criteria: B-Skinny Coffee

I decided to apply the CRAP test evaluation criteria to B-Skinny Coffee. The first thing I did was check for the currency. At the bottom of the page, I found that the copyright was in 2011. So it was less than two years ago. I also found under the clinical references that thiswebsite uses other references from books and websites that are dated much earlier than 2011. Some dates given were before 2000. Some references would be good ones to use, but some could be outdated at this point. The website needs updating on all of its sources before being considered the best website. In this website the information is all about a new coffee that burns fat. It is a product geared torwards only coffee drinkers and maybe people who are overweight. The content of this source is mainly opinion, but it does have some fact. On the main page of the website, there are video clips talking about diet sodas being fattening, but that is off topic of the fat burning coffee. It has poor references. I was unable to find an author for this website. I did find that this product is made exclusively for Boresha International. It is also an official Dr. Ann de Wees Allen product. She must be the sponser. The website did include an address for the company, but there is no phone number available. This website also has many advertisements all over the main page. Overall, I believe that this website is based on mainly opinion, and not as many facts. The creator is definitely trying to sell something to the readers, and it is a product that is not geared torwards every person. I would not consider this website helpful or trustworthy.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you the site references were completely terrible there were even some from 1984. Maybe its just me, but if I can't find an author to a site most of the time i just think it's fake

    ReplyDelete