For this blog post, I decided to interview my RA on my floor
in Center Pointe Suites. Her name is Tia and she is a junior here at West Georgia.
She said that she is familiar with research papers and has done a good bit
throughout High School and College. I first asked what types of sources her
professors required her to use and she said, “That professors usually allow any
credible source excluding Wikipedia”. She has never been allowed to use Wikipedia
on a research paper and never will. She also used some other well-known sources
such as, Galileo and Noodlebib. I then asked Tia how she found her sources, and
she said “I found my sources using Google, and many times used well-known
sources like, CNN. Less popular websites did not seem as credible or
trustworthy”. She learned to always look at when the website was last updated
and to make sure there is always an author. I then asked Tia if throughout her
college years if her research paper requirements have changed from when she was
in her first semester of college. Tia said, “When I was a freshman the research
paper subjects were much broader and much easier to find more information. As I’ve
gotten into my major, my research paper topics have become much more specific,
which causes me to search more in depth for credible and reliable information”. She had t change her research strategies a
bit because she had to use more sources than just the internet. She also had to
start using more books as sources, as well.
I interviewed my own RA in Strozier and he told me that his papers have changed tremendously. He stated that his research has changed since he was a freshman as well. Hopefully you learned something from this interview. What key things did you learn from this interview and how did it help you develop for you college tenure?
ReplyDeleteYour RA and the person I interviewed seemed to have a lot of the same things to say. Especially the fact about Wikipedia not being credible at all. I am looking forward to the fact that the more you get into your major, the more in depth and specific the papers get.
ReplyDelete