Wednesday, February 6, 2013

In class blog #4

This was not my first time using a library catalog, as Im sure it was not many peoples first time. Throughout Highschool we had to use the schools catalog to look up books for research projects and papers as well. In Highschool, we had librarians that would usually help us find books that we needed, so we were kind of babied when it came to that. Here in the West Georgia Library we have assistants to help us if we cannot find a book, but for the most part we learn to do it on our own here. The library catalog was very easy and simple to use. There are many computers in the library to help us search for a particular book. The black stand with the maps and other papers (by the elevators) is very helpful. It helps me find out exactly what section of the library, or which floor I need to go to in order to find a specific book. I did not have any trouble with searchin for a book here in the Ingram Library. Everything was layed out very well, and the library assistants are very friendly if you need help along the way. The books on the shelves are in exact order and not messed up at all. Everything is very organized and everyone is very helpful. This makes the research go much more smoothly.

2 comments:

  1. I agree I like the library catalog it makes searching for a book a lot easier and it's simple to use. Ingram Library is very organized and make it easy on us students to find books. I agree with what you said on the books being in exact order, I have yet to find a book out of place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very true, I never really had to take the time to try to find a book myself in high school. The librarians would always end up doing it for us. We do have a lot of ways to help us find books we need in Ingram library. Asking an assitant is more so a last choice now.

    ReplyDelete