Wednesday, February 20, 2013
In Class blog post #6
Over the past two weeks during class, we have talked a lot about different sources to use on a research paper and what specific information to look for in each source. One of the sources that we learned about in class was a magazine. In a magazine we would find updated information such as, current updates, interviews between people, and current news articles. Magazines are a popular source because it is a source that gets looked at on a regular basis. There are many academic type magazines and this would be helpful towards answering a specific research question. Most of the information is true and valuable information. A second source we learned about is a newspaper. In Newspapers you would also find important new articles and information going on all over the world. There will be sections covering all types of topics, such as, current events, politics, alerts, etc. Newspapers are considered a scholarly and popular source. They get looked at everyday and there are new ones being printed every single day. A newspaper would be able to help answer a research question, as well. A third source that we talked about is a book. In books you can always find research, background information about a topic, and sometimes interviews, depending on what type of book it is. Books are considered a scholarly source, because they are usually the first source that people will use to research something specific. A book could definitely be used to answer my research question because there are all different kinds of books, and I would be able to get all my information from just books alone. They hit every aspect of my topic. A fourth source would be a website source. This can be a popular or scholarly source, but usually scholarly. They have all kinds of information to find on the inernet. The websites are my favorite sources to use, so I will definitely use them to answer my research question because it covers both points in my paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with everything you said, and for some weird reason I forgot about websites when doing my post ha. All of the sources are great, but I agree, I like internet ones best because they are the easiest to find and understand. I do not really trust magazines though.
ReplyDeleteAll four of these sources are great ways to do some research. Each one gives you a different view over your specific topic. The different sources will and can help you expand on your project. Another good source that you could use not saying you have to but is an face to face interview. Being able to interview a person who has had personal experience is a very great source to use.
ReplyDeleteI think websites are almost everyone's favorite source type because of how easy it is to search for and find information specific to your own topic without having to sift through pages of unneeded stuff. Nothing beats a good old fashion books though; they hold so much information just in one source.
ReplyDeleteEvery source you talked about are great ways to find research. I also agree about the internet being the easiest to find stuff. With this generation of people we really do rely on the internet for basically anything and everyone knows how to use the internet. All of these sources are good and the information you put down is how I feel about them too.
ReplyDelete