Monday, February 18, 2013
Homework Feb. 13th
My group's topic is: How does the media influence or affect Americans today? This is a very broad topic. I decided to do my individual research question on: Do video games and other media affect youth violence within the United States? This makes our overall research question more specific to one thing, and that is violence. It also is more specific with just children. I think that this is a very interesting topic, and I have already found some good sources to use for it. So far, I have found that video games, innappropriate TV shows, movies, and song lyrics and influence negative violence and thoughts within children. This question can have two different sides to it. Some people will argue that it does not affect violence, while others will absolutely say that it does. I will address both sides of the issue in my paper and will give facts and opinions to both sides as well. This paper will be a more argumentative paper, because these are the two points that I am going to be using in my research paper. I found a good bit of information in my pre-research, therefore my topic does not need revising.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your groups topic is very broad but that is a good thing so each member in the group can ask specific question to answer the big question. I like your individual question though because there has been alot of people saying that they do think video games are causing younger kids to be more violent.
ReplyDeleteYour research question is a very good individual aspect of your groups topic. It is an attention grabber for sure because that is an often asked question. I believe you will find a good amount of information for both sides of your argument, and it will be a very interesting paper.
ReplyDeleteI really like the topic that you've narrowed your paper down to; it's concise and falls in well with your group's overall topic. Will you be actually be arguing for one side or another or are you just going to report the opinions of the two sides without being involved yourself?
ReplyDeleteI like how you narrowed down what your topic was going to be from your broad group topic. Your topic seem like a good topic and lots of people have been blaming video games with the violence of today. I would like to see what you come up with during your research
ReplyDelete"Do video games and other media affect youth violence within the United States?" is a good question! As you find more sources, you may need to narrow it further to just video games or video games and one other specific type of media... But this is good!
ReplyDelete