I am very glad that I decided to take this class as a freshman for many reasons. The biggest reason is because I learned a lot of valuable information that I can apply to more classes and papers in the future. This class has taught me important information on paraphrasing and plagiarism that I can keep with me when I have to cite sources in other classes. I will be writing many more papers in my college career and it is imperative that I learn the basic rules my freshman year. I am also very happy that we went over different sourcesand what they can be used for. Often times, people forget that they can use magazines, newspapers, periodicals, and more as sources in their papers. many students will usually use books and websites just because they are the most common and easily accessible. The annotated bibliography was also helpful because it forced me to research my topic and find many sources before I actually begin the paper it self. I have learned many different tips and rulesto use to make me better at researching and putting together a paper. I think it is a great idea for us to have to present our research in this class because we will have to do that in many of our other classes throughout college, and also once we get into our careers.
I will apply these skills that I have learned to all of my other classes. I will also apply these skills to my career one day. Majority of jobs include employees and workers presenting their information to the rest of their co-workers and it is important that we know how to present our own research or information. I will forever use the CRAP test when taking information from a source. It is a great tip to use for the rest of my life.
You made many great points in your post. I agree 100% that learning all of this information and research tips as freshman will greatly benefit us in the future, whether it be a class or a career. I am so thankful for the sources we have been taught to research, the annotation we did, and the presentations. It makes me a lot more comfortable and prepared for with any classes I will be taking in the future.
ReplyDelete